It’s important to consult the care label on your fur coat before you think of washing it. You can check out the helpful washing tips. A few manufacturers prescribe you take fur coats to the laundry, yet you can likewise wash a few articles of clothing made of fur in the machine, in case you treat them tenderly.
You should follow these steps to keep your coat or fur scarf clean:
- Before washing make sure to remove any items from the pockets of your real fur coat, so that it doesn’t get damaged when washing it.
- Choose a detergent which is gentle and designed for hand wash only with a good quality fabric conditioner like comfort pure to fluff up the fabric of the coat.
- Choose the cycle with the least amount of agitation and spin.
- Make sure that the temperature of the water is cool, so that the fibre of the real fur coat doesn’t get damaged.
- After the washing cycle is completed, roll the coat in a clean dry towel to squeeze out the excess water.
- Before air dry, shake out the coat to fluff up the fibres and after that hang the coat on a hanger to air dry it.
- Use a wide toothed comb or brush to separate and smooth the fibres once the coat is dry.
- In case, if you’re thinking about how to clean a fur blanket it is much the same.You can use much the same procedure from the above steps on how to clean the real fur jackets.
Small things that are related to fur like soft toys or boots ought to be spot or hand-cleaned as mentioned below. Fur boots usually get dirty as soon as you wear them out on dirt, and infrequently get covered in dirt or water. You can clean the fur boots as follows:
- Use a vacuum cleaner to carefully remove the dirt stuck between the fibers.
- Use a special stain remover or a carpet cleaner or upholstery to spot the dirt first and clean out the visible stains.
- After applying the cleaner allow the boots to dry out in the open and then use a wide-toothed comb or brush to separate the dirt and smooth out the hairs of the boot.
So, this year try to keep your real fur jackets and accessories as clean as possible and wear them for years to come. Also, follow the same procedure for cleaning mink coat.